Odoo SaaS Script Software as a Service Saaskit
Are you starting to offer Odoo to your customers in the cloud. Do you want to avoid having to write the Subscription Management, Recurring Billing, and Credit Card Management code? The Odoo Saas Kit / Script gets your new Odoo software-as-a-service site to a running start by providing you a well-tested and proven site management system with PayPal payments. You also get a framework for building membership-based applications, including account signups/upgrades/downgrades, tiered pricing levels, multi-tenant data security in a single database..
Avail Odoo as a Service(SaaS) on your servers with Odoo SaaS Kit.
- Using Odoo as a Service (SaaS) is a minimal requirement service which uses least server resources. This helps in bringing down the cost substantially.
- On the other hand, Odoo Saas setup is a bit hard and providing the service to others only compounds the challenges.
- With Odoo SaaS Kit, you get the necessary ready-to-use structure to start your own Odoo SaaS service.
What is domain masking ? Domain masking or URL masking is the act of hiding the actual domain name of a website from the URL field of a user’s web browser in favor of another name.
Pragmatic Techsoft Pvt. Ltd. provides a module for Odoo SaaS Kit. This module helps to sell Odoo modules as a services. Every new instance request shall be accessible using a subdomain of the host company domain url.
Eg : if a new tenant database “tenant1” is created then this db can be accessible on browser using link “tenant1.hostcompanydomain.com”.
If customer has its own domain to be used to access this database eg : xyz.com , This can be achieved using our module “domain_masking”.
This module has a dependency of SaaS Kit Module.
Following configurations are available for “domain_masking”
Odoo SaasKit all in one Features
(Trial & domain Masking Included)
Odoo as a Service
Customers Website Account View
Domain Masking System
Convenient and Easy to use
Free Trial Version
Option to Increase / Decrease Users in Tenant Database
Option to Import Custom Module from Odoo screen
Invoice for Increased number of Users
Option to Install / uninstall modules to tenant databases from Saas Master panel it self
Odoo as a Service
With this module, Odoo can be offered as SaaS to the clients. This is done mainly in the form of instances.
The module provides the structure for the subscription-based service model to the users.
This also enables Odoo users to sell its official modules/apps with the Odoo instances as a subscription-based service to their clients.
- Currently, the module has two subscription plans - Yearly and Monthly.
- The customers need to purchase the Saaskit plan to start the subscription.
- The user has the option to undergo a trial run before purchasing the Saaskit plan. We have provided a configuration on Master DB for trial period DB and their notifications as follows.
Database Details and Adding Users
As shown,we get a detailed description about the database and its users. Flexibility of adding more users is of course possible through our module.
Trial Period and Payment Options
We also provide an additional feature of selection of trial basis or proceed with the payment gateways configured.
User Increase Notification Template
An email notification can be sent whenever a request for increase in users is made which thereby includes complete details of the number of users to be increased,related to which database as well as the date and time on which the request was made.
Scheduled Database Bakcup for Tenant Databases
Operations user can define a frequecy to take a periodic back up of all tenant databases. Database backups can be stored on the same server or on report location ie. Using SFTP connection . We can setup the limit of number of days for which that back up to be kept. i.e for 10 days.
Database Backups Available on portal for download
Portal user can see database backup lists on thier respective logins and can download the backups on the local disc.
Importing of Custome Modules From Odoo Frontend
User does not need to login to backend in order to import new custom module. This module provides funtionality to import modules from front end itself
Bulk Module Installation in Tenant Database from frontend
User can install / uninstall custom modules from tenant databases from frontend itself with a simple interface.
- Every time a customer needs Saaskit, a new instance is created.
- The instance can be created manually by the user or a scheduler can be used to create instances for all the orders.
- The customer is provided with an Odoo instance with all the modules featured in a purchased plan installed in the instance.
- The login details automatically is automatically sent to the registered email address of the customer.
- The customer can also login to his/her Odoo SaaS instance from his/her Odoo website account.
- The customer can use the instance to run the module for the length of the subscription plan.
On selection of above module it will raise a popup window where user can select appropriate report that needs to be generated.
In SaaS master database user will have to provide a directory name and path where the ssl certificates from the customer will be stored. You will also have to provide Apache configuration file path here.
When a tenant database is created it is by default accessible on browser using subdomain functionality. In every tenant database configuration at SaaS master db we have provided a provision as follows :
Why you should go for Pragmatic Odoo Saaskit
SaaSkit by Pragmatic
SaasKit is a state of art solution for cloud-based Software as a Service for Odoo 8 (formerly OpenERP) that can be easily adopted by SMEs. Companies can add different features or modules to the existing Odoo installation or system just by configurations and provide it in SaaS model to their Clients or end-users. ‘As-is’ installation of the SaaSKit would help any company to leverage on its pragmatic power in achieving SaaS advantage and strategically places them in the new found SaaS market.
SaaSKit enables companies to resell Odoo to multiple tenants in subscription model and thereby leverage on Odoo SaaS implementation at just click of a few buttons.
Overcome Odoo installation and management challenges with Pragmatic SaaSKit
Odoo Challenges/ Bottleneck:
The bottleneck in Odoo SaaS direct implementation is the load balancing and connection pooling that need to happen in Postgre SQL. There is a known issue of 100+ simultaneous connections throwing the Postgres database into a stalemate or impasse which needed to be overcome.
We at Pragmatic has used connection pooling along with AWS RDS and using multiport approach for segregating Master and Tenant account based optimization to achieve this resilience, with loose-coupling and Enterprise Postgre for advanced implementations when loads would be soaring.
We use cutting edge technologies (Advanced Version- Need Based)
- Loose Coupling with segregation of lookup and transactional database
- Load balancing with nGinx,
- Multiple installation based high availability
- Multiport Tenancy; user data discreteness (up to 4 Levels - Master, Tenant, Portal, Web store)
- Failover management with Database replication
- Database Connection Pooling for handling simultaneous users.
Customers Website Account View
- The customer can check the subscription contract details in his/her website account.
- The modules included in the plan are displayed in the details.
- The customer can check the status of the plan and login to his/her Odoo SaaS instance directly from the website account.
Get Your One-Time Free Installation Setup With The Module
- We provide one time setup installation with the module to help you set up your Odoo SaaS service.
- The installation allows you to have your Odoo SaaS up and running on one primary Server.
- The Customers and clients are managed on the same server.
- All the instance created with this installation will also be on the same server.
- The number of instances that can be successfully created on the server depends upon the capacity of the server.
Scale as you grow
The ability of Odoo to scale as you grow provides tremendous opportunity to increase the capability of your servers on demand. The architecture can be scaled to any required capacity to suit your needs. You can choose to have multiple servers to provide uninterrupted access to your clients.
In other cases, the primary server can be separate from other servers on which instances are created so allow compartmentalization and better control.
The expanse of the Odoo SaaS service is only limited to your ability to grow. With years of experience in Odoo, we at Pragmatic, have niche in coming up with latest and new software to make it more effective and easy for you.
Additional Features of Odoo
- Works with Odoo (Community and Enterprise)
- Sub-domain support with individual customers getting their own sub-domains or domains
- Sub-domains URLS with only 1 Database listing thus isolating users from seeing other databases
- Removal of Database creation URL so that no one can create a new database
- Support for a Demo site with a direct lead creation in Odoo CRM
- A separate URL is provided for the administrator to create databases
- Automated trial versions which expires in as per setting
- Ability for users to reset their own passwords (Forgot your password?)
- Support for SSL with a digital certificate
- Ability to increase the number of users for each database
- Ability to send automatic invoices every month
Our aim to provide solutions to your ERP system needs that are cost effective and faster. No matter if you are looking to make small tweaks or an entire project, our developers are there to assist you.
Installation of SaaSKit and Setup of Odoo Server
Preferred – always new instance (new Odoo with bare DB), installation to be done by Pragmatic.s
If there is an Odoo installation that is already present with operational data and SaaSKit need to be added to make this instance as the SaaSMaster – we need to match Odoo Version with that of SaaSKit, that SaaS Module can be installed without errors. Not Preferred approach