JasperServer as Report Engine with Odoo OpenERP
Integration of Jasperserver into Odoo OpenERP takes reporting of Odoo OpenERP to the next level where it is possible to export the report in various formats like doc, docx, pdf, xsl, odt, etc.
JasperServer is a reporting server provided by JasperSoft Community for Reporting Solutions. With this Integration you can create various reports on iReport and deploy on to the JasperServer and access these reports from Odoo OpenERP.
The Major improvement are :
- Export reports to a range of formats such as PDF, HTML, Excel, Flash, Word, RTF, and ODS/ODT
- Report scheduling, distribution and historical versioning
- Embed drill-through and hypertext links, including PDF bookmarks
- Create pixel-perfect reports with any layout
- Drill down to sub-reports—reports within other reports
- Maps, tables, funnels, crosstabs, charts, barcodes, and many more graphical report components
Camparative Analysis Odoo OpenERP vs JasperServer
|Features||Odoo OpenERP Report Engine||JasperServer|
|Seamless multi format reporting (pdf,html, xls)|
|Built-in charting, with customizable chart themes|
|Report design tool that enable total control over the contents|
|Supports a wide range of proprietary and open source RDBMS||Limited||Unlimited|