Facebook Developer Account Interface :-
- Step 1: First we have to login into the “Facebook Developer Account” using the following link https://developers.facebook.com/
- Step 2: Click on “My Apps”
- Step 3: Create an app by clicking on the “Create App” button.
- Step 4: Select an app type as “Business” and click on the continue button.
- Step 5: Fill “App display Name”, Contact Email and choose “App Purpose” as “Yourself or Your own Business”, then Click on the “Create App” button.
- Step 6: Add Products to Your App by selecting “Messenger” , Then click on “Set Up” Button.
- Step 7: Go to Facebook Developer Dashboard → Messenger → Instagram Settings of Facebook Developer account page as shown in the image below then click Add or Remove Pages.
- Step 8: Once the page is selected it is submitted for login review with Facebook.
- Step 9: In the App, in settings, there is a basic setting option from there we can get the App id & App secret and set these values in Odoo on the company in Facebook App ID & Facebook App Secret fields respectively.
- Step 10: Next you need to copy the Page id and place it in Odoo in the Page ID field.
- Step 11: Next you need to paste the Page access token in Odoo conversation dashboard settings in the Page Access token field for instagram messenger integration
- Step 12: Next you need to paste the webhook token to be used by facebook to send messages in the webhook verify token field
- Step 13: Check the box in the verify webhook field and then save the configuration.
- Step 14: Go back to your messenger instagram settings in your Facebook developer account and click on the add callback option
- Step 15: Once you click on it it opens a popup that asks the callback URL which is the URL of your Odoo server followed by „/instagram/responce/message ‟ and the verify token is the same custom verify token set on the conversation dashboard configuration then click verify and save
- Step 16: Return to the conversations dashboard configuration and uncheck the box for the verify webhook field and save it.
- Step 17: Navigate to odoo general settings and select manage users and choose you current user settings
- Step 18: Check the box for instagram chat under the Access rights tab and save the settings.